Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Papa's 36th bday

We're getting old.. And, I'm grateful that we're getting older together as couple. Hubby is 36 this year.
Taking me back to the first time we met, that was his birthday he celebrating and he invited a few of his friends to an evening dinner at a steak restaurant. One of them happened to be my cell group member, and she introduced me to him.
Nine years of marriage, eleven years of being together, I felt the urge to make this bday a little bit special for the father of the family, our bread winner.
Though I was not into cooking mood, I pushed myself to. So, I decided to make yellow sticky rice tumpeng (volcano shaped glutinous rice).
Kids also had an idea to show their love to their dad. J told me, we need to surprise him, and scream: SURPRISE aloud. LOL.
I prepared the rice and the condiments all morning trough afternoon. Around the time when dad usually home, we got dressed to cheer this special moment. The initial plan was to turn all the lights off and we're all to hidie behind the partition wall.
Alas! Dad couldn't leave his office at regular time, so our surprise party was postponed for a while.
Eventually, he got home. Everybody hugged and kissed the birthday boy. ;)
Happy birthday, Papa.

No comments :

Post a Comment